Welcome (^_^)

Hey welcome to Kaitlyn and Mikiko's blog "I'm Always Right!?" Our 8th grade project. We're newbies on blogger and so far it's been a very interesting experence. Please enjoy and feel free to comment. Its always nice to have a healthy argument! @-@

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Food Research Project



The whole class was told to bring in a food product that you would like to do some research on. So I brought in Lance Captain Wafers Cream Cheese and Chives.

Before we started:
  1. Project=Fun
  2. Product=Interesting
  3. Style of Finding Information= Wow
Over All Score: Awesome

Once We Finished:
  1. Project= Could have been better
  2. Product=Terrible
  3. Style of Finding Information= Didn't work for me
Over All Score: Disappointing


My product like almost every other product has a website. My website was very disappointing. The thing that really made it disappointing was the Contact Us section. I went to the website hoping to find a number to contact the company to see if they would like the answer some of my questions. Sadly once I reached the website the only option of contacting Lance was to send them an email. I did so twice and received nothing back.
(http://www.lance.com/)

As I continued to research answers to my questions every link I clicked on lead me back to the same website. This made it extremely difficult almost impossible to find valid answers. I find its very strange that when you look up Lance almost all links lead you back to the same site. Even when I thought I was getting lucky when I found an telephone number to lance bakery, not exactly what I was looking for but close enough, once I called it was all just a bunch of press this and dial that extension and I never even got to speak to a real person it was just machine after machine.

Although Captain Wafers is extremely tasty I never got to know if their hiding something about their product that we should know about.

-Kaitlyn Rivera

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you were so disappointed and frustrated by this project. I think research can often lead to dead ends, especially if you are trying to find out information that a company or organization doesn't necessarily want you to know. I know the logical place to start is with the company website, but if that doesn't work, perhaps try other websites that might provide information about the company and its products.

    However, at the same time, the fact that you discovered that the company does not provide much information to the consumer is a big deal. What conclusions can you draw about the company based on this experience? I wonder what would happen if a Lance representative read your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlyn, I really like how you structured your post with ratings and the overall scores. It adds some humor and voice to your writing that goes over well. I also appreciate your honesty over the frustration of not really finding out too much about your product. Do you think that the fact that you can't find anything out means that they ARE hiding something? Or, maybe not hiding something, but not exactly making it clear what's going on...

    ReplyDelete